Our Spring + Summer Bucket List (75 Things to Do!)
Can you believe it’s already spring? The allergies are kicking in, it’s light outside when leaving work & the wildflowers are blooming. We love this time of year & can’t wait to spend more time outside now that it’s warming up. Call it a bucket list for the warmer months, if you will, but we’re detailing the 75 things we want to do this spring & summer – we even broke it down for you by category.
1. Go camping (or glamping).
2. Take a road trip to Big Sur along the PCH.
3. Tour Hearst Castle.
4. Explore Catalina Island, Balboa Island and/or the Channel Islands.
5. Take the train to San Diego or Santa Barbara.
6. Visit a lighthouse.
7. Go on a day trip.
8. Visit a new state.
9. Drive out to the edge of the city & stargaze or watch a meteor shower.
10. Plan a big trip for fall 2019 or spring 2020.
Food & drink
11. Make homemade popsicles.
12. Eat an ice cream cone.
13. Make fresh-squeezed lemonade.
14. Make homemade salsa.
15. Find a new favorite food truck or restaurant.
16. Create a go-to homemade guacamole recipe.
17. Attend a cooking class.
18. Discover a new bottomless brunch.
19. Make homemade hummus.
20. Drink a beverage out of a hollowed out fruit.
21. Go wine tasting.
22. Perfect a homemade Aperol Spritz.
23. Host a taco bar night.
24. Attempt to make frosé.
25. Go grocery shopping without a recipe & cook a meal from scratch being inspired solely by what’s fresh.
26. Clean out that side or hall closet that is a home for things that don’t belong.
27. Have fresh flowers in the house every week.
28. Put photos in our many empty frames.
29. Start & finish a DIY project.
30. Spring clean & make room in our closets for new clothes.
31. Buy a bike & ride down the coast for miles.
32. Go paddle boarding.
33. Try out new hiking trails.
34. Have a "No Technology" day (or days!).
35. Play tennis.
36. Get a pedicure.
37. Do a 5k.
38. Go kayaking.
39. Indulge in a spa day.
40. Take a yoga class.
41. Read five new books.
42. Go horseback riding.
43. Try a new hairstyle.
44. Try out a new boxing class.
45. Perform a random act of kindness to a stranger.
46. Fine-tune a morning & night routine.
47. Get a facial.
48. Go for morning runs.
49. Meditate after each work day.
50. Learn self-massage and stress management techniques.
51. See a show at the Hollywood Bowl.
52. Get made fun of at a comedy show.
53. Watch the sunset on the beach.
54. Wake up early & watch the sunrise.
55. Sip wines under the sun at Malibu Wines or Rosenthal.
56. Visit a new museum – maybe even get weird at the Museum of Jurassic Technology.
57. Fly kites on the beach.
58. Swim in the ocean.
59. Find a sand dollar.
60. Go sailing.
61. Spend a day making decisions by the flip of a coin.
62. Crash a hotel pool.
63. Host a wine & cheese night.
64. Have a bonfire & make s’mores.
65. Sing at a karaoke bar.
66. Go to a baseball game.
68. Go to a magic show.
69. Geek out & have a full-on Lord of the Rings or Harry Potter marathon.
70. Hang out by the pool with a pitcher of iced tea with fresh sliced lemons.
71. Ride the roller coaster & sea dragon at the Santa Monica Pier.
72. Drink wine & have a picnic at the park.
73. Go night swimming.
74. Spend a day exploring a new neighborhood.
75. Learn a new language.
We’d love to hear what’s on your bucket list & encourage you to create one of your own using this as inspiration!
Looking for something to do this weekend since it’s still a bit chilly out most places? Check out our list of must-see true crime documentaries. And if you’re traveling to any of these places this spring or summer, you’ll want to check out our travel guides for Nashville, Cabo, Ft. Lauderdale, or Lake Como. When planning travel, be sure to research hotels in the area, as well as these awesome Airbnbs.