Our 2018 Summer Bucket List
We can't believe we're only one month away from summer! Although summer solstice is June 21st, we like to think summer starts after Memorial Day. In order to make the most of the season, we've put together 15 Summer Bucket List items.
SUMMER BUCKET LIST
1. Go on a sister trip (or two). Luckily we already have one planned – Ft. Lauderdale this weekend before our birthday! We've never been – let us know if you have any recommendations!
2. Grill by the pool. B moved into a new condo on June 1st with a grill in the common area, so I'm sure we'll be doing this plenty.
3. Go sailing. There are SO many Groupons for it & we're determined to actually do it this summer!
4. Take a road trip. Whether it be somewhere further like Big Sur – or closer like Laguna Beach or Ojai.
5. Master making an Aperol Spritz. Why pay $14 at a fancy rooftop when we can just make them at home & enjoy on our patio/balcony?!
6. Get a tan reminiscent of how we looked in college at ASU. People think red heads can't get tan, but if they saw pictures of us in college when we studied by/in the pool, their minds would be changed.
7. Make s'mores on the beach at sunset. B's new place is super close to Dockweiler Beach (known for their fire pits!), so you can bet s'mores will be in our future.
8. Be pampered at Color Camp. We've taken a long break from gels in the hope of saving money & strengthening our nails again, but we love how cute Color Camp is and how fun & upfront they are about nail art.
9. Find a new favorite brunch spot. There was a time where we went to brunch all the time. Now we've fallen so much in love with our own 'Sunny with a Chance of Hash Browns,' we don't go for brunch nearly as much. It's also because one of our fave spots stopped doing their $6 bottomless mimosas & everywhere else is $15+. Regardless, we're determined!
10. Finally try out paddle boarding. We're determined to do this on our sister trip to Ft. Lauderdale. Here's to a good ab workout while working on our tans.
11. Refresh our closets. We both recently did a full-on closet purge, but now it's time to fill our closets with pieces that are versatile, but also some statement pieces that make us feel confident on the daily. Send over your favorite stores, online shops, boutiques & curated closet sites!
12. Drive up the coast to Big Sur. This has been on our list of places to visit for the longest time! B & David were actually on their way there for a birthday trip a few years ago and the car broke down leaving LA. One of these days it'll happen again!
13. Get organized. So this one is kind of lame, but it's crazy how much better you feel in your own home & life when you're organized. I think we're pretty organized compared to most people, but Instagram pages like The Home Edit make us realize we definitely have more to do.
14. Start a new hobby. We'd love to know what you all like to do just to have fun! Besides the usual cooking, watching amazing tv shows & movies, etc...
15. Go to The Magic Castle. Luckily, a random night at our local Mexican restaurant gave us the chance to do just this. SO EXCITED.
What's on your summer bucket list?! We want to know so we can add to ours!