2018 New Year's Resolutions
It's the middle of January already, which is crazy – 2018 is already flying by. Before we get too far away from the start of the New Year, we wanted to share our New Year's resolutions on the blog so we can be held accountable! Before we get into those, though, it's important to reflect on everything that happened in 2017.
B rang in 2017 with a trip to Mammoth, we visited Arizona for mom's birthday in March, K started working from home & visited Lake Como for work in April, B & David adopted kittens, we went to The Ellen Show with mom & won new iPads, B went to New York for work in May & started a new position at the same awesome company, we finally met our 4th cousin from Norway in person, we celebrated our 27th birthday at a winery in Malibu, K visited Minnesota with Nick in July, we had plenty of pool & beach days, B spent David's birthday on Catalina Island, we had a girls' trip in Santa Barbara, K went to the Bahamas for work in December, and we spent the holidays in LA.
After such an incredible 2017 filled with unexpected trips and lots of good food, drinks & company, we're so excited to see what 2018 brings!
Take a look at eight of our New Year's Resolutions for 2018:
1. Try New Recipes We started this one in 2017, but it's time to start trying even more new recipes – for breakfast, lunch, snacks & dinner – this year. We also want to try to put a focus on healthier eating habits... although we'll always love mac & cheese and carbs of any kind.
2. Workout More We like to think we've been pretty consistent with working out, but 2018 is the year for no more excuses – and that includes incorporating more cardio. We just did a Flywheel Sports class yesterday, so we're off to a good start!
3. Travel & Explore Both 2016 and 2017 were awesome years for travel & we definitely want to keep it going! International trips are amazing, but we're also excited to make more day & weekend trips in California and explore the United States (starting with visiting Nashville again for mom's birthday in March)!
4. Be More Consistent with Blogging We LOVE our blog & we're so thankful for everyone who takes time out of their day to read and support it. We started it when we moved to California to stay connected as twins and share our experiences, and we're definitely going to make it more of a priority this year.
5. Stress Less It's so easy for both of us to take things way too seriously and stress about little things – or things that haven't even happened yet. 2018 is the year to stress as stress comes, but not let it ruin our days or even hours. Everything happens as it happens & it's how you react to it that counts.
6. Read More We've always loved to read and we are actually members of a book club that's been going strong for almost 4 years now – but we want to make sure we actually finish every book this year & even read more than just one book a month!
7. Prioritize Relationships This goes for our romantic relationships & friendships, but we want to stay present, listen more (& not have conversations while scrolling through Instagram), and spend time with family and friends on a more consistent basis. We want to call, Facetime & Skype with our out-of-town friends and reach out to our friends in LA for more happy hours, lunch & dinner dates, and wine nights.
8. Take More Interest in Wellness Wellness encompasses a lot of things, but we'll start with the basics: eating more fruits & vegetables, being consistent with taking our vitamins & supplements, meditating & centering ourselves, and establishing a morning & night routine that we stick to. Re: the latter, please share your favorite moisturizers, oils, lotions, etc. that you love with us!
What are your New Year's resolutions for 2018? Let us know in the comments!!